The machine came with an instruction manual! It was printed on coloured paper; the print was so small I had great trouble reading it easily. I decided to scan the pages onto the computer and enlarge it, making it so much easier to read. I think that some of the information must be missing. There is no mention of how the ribber dial functions in relation to the line drawing with the parts itemised. I have only just this week found how to adjust the timing of the ribber needles to enable them to pick up the yarn in conjunction with the cylinder needles. I have Janet to thank for that. She has a great Blog which I’m sure you will enjoy reading.
The Sock Machine has to have yarn already on it before you can start knitting a sock. Mine came with a setup basket, well it was actually an IKEA whisk that had been decapitated! I failed to engage with this marvel of modern technology. In fact I lost my rag with it! Failing to get any stitches started on the machine I made a set up bonnet. I knit one by hand and then was able to start making tubes. I eventually made a set up bonnet on the machine and this has been so much easier to use.
My next step was to find someone to show me how to use the machine..........properly!